Gateway for Malaysia

I used this module ā€œRN2483-I/RM095 LORA TRANSCEIVER MOD, 433/868MHZ, 14DBMā€, it is the right frequency right? Donā€™t tell me I bought the wrong one. :neutral_face: oh no.
I made two of them.

I have a gateway in Cheras and it is at the right frequency for your sensor node.

Keep in mind, we are not allowed to use this frequency in 2018. Please check this:

http://www.thethingsnetwork.org/forum/uploads/default/original/1X/9bab9839d114ab5319565c8c5cea4ce85184240e.jpg

Ok, thank god it is the right frequency. :sweat_smile:I will keep in mind about the restriction. Thank you for replying my enquiry. :grinning:

Hi Boon,

What gateway you are currently using?

Iā€™m in Shah Alam, so itā€™s a bit way off. Currently looking into getting the RisingHF gateway RF add-on for the Raspberry Pi but I would have to run on 915 MHz and 868 MHz. They do have 434MHz version as they are China based primarily.

I believe the company Atilze is going to deploy the network but Iā€™m not expecting anything free from companies from Malaysia.

@phangmoh , I think you are right. It will never be free here, :pensive:.

@phangmoh I am using IMST iC880A + RPi which is running at 868 MHz. I bought this gateway before MCMC decided to remove 868 MHz band from SRD category in 2018. :cry:

The only band that we should use now for LoRa is 919MHz - 923 MHz. So, if you are planning to buy a new gateway from RisingHF, then 915 MHz gateway is the only option to go.

The idea of TTN is to provide a free IoT network which is community owned. If your sensor nodes are connected to any TTN 's community gateways, then it should be free even it is in Malaysia.

Hope this helps.

hi @boon do you have any idea on freq mapping for msia?

@shamry As far as I know, we donā€™t have a freq mapping yet.

mdec and vads annoucing lora public serviceā€¦ they must have some mapping scheme or API. we should participate for the testing? :slight_smile:

do you have the gateway @phangmoh . looking fwd for testing.

@shamry not yet unfortunately. Will definitely announce if I get it up.

hi i have 1 unit of your m0 boardā€¦ have problem to run lmic library. could you share some tips?

@shamry please drop us a mail.

hi @phangmoh ā€¦ i sent email. similar question above :slight_smile:

hi ,anyone doing HopeRF (sx1276)?

This is my custom raspi hat it has 2 sx1276 and include gps ,adc,i/o expander
I gonna use it for gateway,freq is 433mhz.
In future i wanna dev node using stm32L4 or esp8266 for micro node lora

Nice Raspi Hat you got there!

However in the future in Malaysia, we are going to use spectrum 919 - 923MHz. So you should purchase 915MHz one for RF module.

I am not sure about stm32L4, but I am pretty sure ESP8266 has plenty of libraries and examples for LoRa node in GitHub.

@joehunt588 Glad to see you are back to the forum again. It looked really good! Are you doing dual channels gateway then?

Hi, iā€™m currently been playing around with waspmote and also the lorawan 433Mhz module. I was wondering how the lorawan in Malaysia? regulation and stuff. because i was planning to look for the lorawan gateway.

looking at the MCMC notice above, is the lorawan belong to the SRD/RFID categories?

433MHz too much inteferance IMHO. Yes lorawan falls into SRD cat. Its 919-923MHz. However there is no details spec on what datarate, packet sz etc should be configured on specific channels. Our best bet is to follow AU config for now.

Thank you for your response.
I also looked into the lorawan 900 module, but i see that is woking on 915Mhz freq. which is outside of the 919-923Mhz range. Am I missing something?
Should i just stay with 433Mhz, is the interference too bad?

Thx.